Come and join us for a wet and wild week with the opportunity to gain a British Canoeing 1 or 2 star performance award.
This mainly flat water course is suitable for beginner and intermediate paddlers wanting to develop their canoe and kayak skills. You will also experience a fantastic outdoor climbing day with memorable views across South Wales.
For the full course information pack including photos, activity program, accommodation details and menu please download the course information pack from the bottom of this page. 🙂
When is it?
- Monday 5th to Friday 9th August 2019
- Monday 19th to Friday 23rd August 2019
Where is it?
- South Wales, Brecon Beacons and the Gower
- Based from Plas Dolygaer, Dol-Y-Gaer, Pontsticill, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2UR.
What is the Cost?
- Price includes food, indoor accommodation, transport during course and all activities.
How do I get there?
- You need to make your own way to the course meeting point/accommodation by car or train and taxi or bus.
- If arriving my train then organised transport from local train station is arranged nearer the time.
- The closest train station is Merthyr Tydfil from which you can pre book a station taxi transfer through us. We
will meet you there and coordinate everyone to share taxis and share the cost. In 2018 Taxis cost £16 divided by the number of people on board.
What’s the accommodation like?
- Indoor, comfortable modern bunkhouse.
- 4-9 persons per room.
- Quality toilets and showers.
- Stunning location on edge of the mountains.
What activities are included in the programme?
- Climbing (a break from the water!)
Is food and drink included?
- Ample food and drink is included (3 meals a day).
- We cater for all dietary needs.
- You will need a packed lunch for day one.
- You may wish to bring personal snacks for between meals
Is all activity equipment included?
- All activity equipment is provided
- Please see the personal equipment list for more information.