‘Open to all’ Gold canoeing Training & Practice. *No hidden costs*
Our Gold DofE Training and Practice will be provided in one 6 day programme. Initially you will start on flat water to gain basic canoe / paddling skills and to cover our safety training programme. This will be followed by 4 days river based training, including a minimum 3 day practice expedition. During the expedition you will become competent in padding a canoe, and will cover all training areas including, river and water safety, camp craft and navigation.
For the full detailed course information please download the Course Information Pack from the bottom of this page. 🙂
When is it?
- Training and Practice – 14th to 19th April 2020
Where is it?
- Training at Dolygaer (Merthyr Tydfil)
- Practice expedition on the River Wye – On the England / Wales boarder
What is the cost?
- Price includes: training, practice and Assessment expeditions, and includes; all campsites, experienced well qualified canoe coaches, assessors, all equipment hire, meet and greet at local train station, and some food during the training phase.
How do I get there?
- You need to make your own way to the course meeting point/accommodation by car or train. Details of the closest train station is provided in the information pack, and we can pick you up there.
What’s the accommodation like?
- 1 x Indoor night during training (included in price)
- Camping (tent hire included in price)
Is food and drink included?
- Some meals during the training phase are provided, please see pack for details.
- You will need to plan and provide your own food for the practice expeditions, we will help you plan this and provide an opportunity to visit a shop during training.
Is all equipment hire included?
- All canoeing, camping and cooking equipment is provided.
- Please see the personal equipment list in the information pack for more information.